ImageMagick, is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. It can read, convert and write images in a large variety of formats. Images can be cropped, colors can be changed, various effects can be applied, images can be rotated and combined, and text, lines, polygons, ellipses and Bézier curves can be added to images and stretched and rotated.
Features and Capabilities
Here are just a few examples of what ImageMagick can do:
- Format conversion: convert an image from one format to another (e.g. PNG to JPEG).
- Tranform: resize, rotate, crop, flip or trim an image.
- Transparency: render portions of an image invisible.
- Draw: add shapes or text to an image.
- Decorate: add a border or frame to an image.
- Special effects: blur, sharpen, threshold, or tint an image.
- Text & comments: insert descriptive or artistic text in an image.
- Image identification: describe the format and attributes of an image.
- Animation: create a GIF animation sequence from a group of images.
- Composite: overlap one image over another.
- Montage: juxtapose image thumbnails on an image canvas.
More details on ImageMagick are available from http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php.Imagemagick 6.8.7-9 - updated 2013-12-31